Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Social" or "Not so Social" Media



I believe Social Media is a great tool. It allows people to stay in touch with each other when they get older and move apart. For example I have friends that I grew up with that live all over the state, all over the country, and all over the world. Then on the other hand there are middle school kids where most of their friends live in the same town, and just use "Social" Media to talk to one another. For many kids today "Social" Media has created a Nonsocial culture, because more kids would rather sit in front of a computer typing a message rather than actually talking and interacting with another person. When Social Media is a person’s only way of socializing, skills like building personal relationships will become difficult if they can't talk to a person face to face. I use Social Media for strictly to keep in touch with people and not for much else. I have a Facebook account and that's it. I love Social Media and believe it is a great tool but Social Media has become for many people "Not so Social" Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment